Art and Photos >> Your Photos

Pages: 1
TexasOrca
Transient

Reged: 06/10/02
SWT trip from May 31
      #139424 - 11/10/09 08:51 PM

Here are pictures from SWT, I took at a little day trip I took from Houston before I started summer school classes at the UH. One of the things I remembered hearing, was that Ky was fully grown, and that Tuar was the moodiest whale they have. Aside from the orcas, I got to see the beluga calfs during a tour I took. Oh, and then I got to see Kai in the feeding pool! This is probaly the last time I will go to SWT because the $$$ I spend going there, I could spend going on a trip to Alaska.

http://picasaweb.google.com/texasorca/SeaWorldSanAntonioTheFinalTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-S6a-To56BugE#

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KasatkaAdministrator
Resident

Reged: 10/12/00
Loc: Colorado
Re: SWT trip from May 31 [Re: TexasOrca]
      #139443 - 11/15/09 10:45 AM

Wow, Ky's huge =D

Thanks for sharing =)

--------------------
~ Kim

TexasOrca
Transient

Reged: 06/10/02
Re: SWT trip from May 31 [Re: Kasatka]
      #139458 - 12/05/09 05:14 PM

Thanks for your response

I am glad that you liked the photos I took. I have been busy with school lately, and I apologize for the belated reply. Anyway, I remember the trainers saying that Ky was fully grown, and for some reason, I remember them saying that Tuar was the moodiest whale they had. Also, the whole time I was at the park, I was unable to get photos of Takara and Unna during the shows or Dine with Shamu. I really have no idea why Takara was sent to SWT. (They were in that back pool by the offices) Although it had been over a year, I was still upset about Halyn's death. I still feel that all these orca deaths make this facility look bad.

I forgot to mention that the highlight of that trip, was seeing Kai in the dolphin feeder pool, being kissed by Sikku, and seeing those baby belugas.

As much as I enjoy going to SWT, it seems that at SWC there is so many more things to do. When I went to San Diego back in 2007 I was unable to see all the exhibits and ride the rides...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3913

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Home