General Discussion >> Research

Pages: 1
KasatkaAdministrator
Resident

Reged: 10/12/00
Loc: Colorado
New Project
      #128030 - 04/09/05 08:31 PM

I have a lot of PDFs on various things that I download, and I sorta wanted to organize them so I could find them more easily, and then I thought "Hey, I'll do an online version!" so that's sort of what I'm doing.

http://www.whale-web.com/reference/papers.html

I figure I'll organize by species (Unless it's a generalish sort of thing) and then break it down by topic. I started with bottlenoses and it's looking really sloppy. The abstracts are too long, so I'll get around to summarizing at some point. (Except for the ones that make the brain go "buh?" with "buh" being the noise my brain makes when somebody confuses it.) Then again, some of the titles are so descriptive I don't even know if I should bother with summaries.

No guarantees this will be significant anytime soon. I have a tendency to jump around from one thing to another without ever finishing. Try watching me clean the house sometime. =P After all, I have been working on Whale Web for nine years now and it's still nowhere near to being done.

Steven's like "We should redesign Whale Web" and I keep saying "Yeah, but not anytime soon." I think it's a great idea but it just seems overwhelming. So I'll keep dinking around with other stuff. =)

--------------------
~ Kim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
xfkirsten
Resident

Reged: 04/27/01
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: New Project [Re: Kasatka]
      #128035 - 04/09/05 09:54 PM

That's a very cool idea! I'd be happy to help! I have access to a bunch of online journal article databases through school, and I was actually planning on doing some mass downloading of cetacean articles when I finally get the time. I'd be happy to help ya out!

KasatkaAdministrator
Resident

Reged: 10/12/00
Loc: Colorado
Re: New Project [Re: xfkirsten]
      #128100 - 04/15/05 03:29 PM

If you want to email me whatever you find, that'd be cool. =) I'll probably host stuff that I can no longer link to sometime in the future.

--------------------
~ Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4568

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Home