Pages: 1
KasatkaAdministrator
Resident

Reged: 10/12/00
Loc: Colorado
Fictional dolphins
      #126878 - 01/18/05 04:31 AM

Thought of kind of a silly one.

Some of the Dragonriders of Pern novels mention genetically enhanced dolphins that can speak. Some of the dolphins in the books are named for real dolphins - where can you find these real dolphins?

Bonus points if you can name which real dolphins got included in the books. (Some are named by their nickname.)

--------------------
~ Kim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SumarSummers
Resident

Reged: 12/09/01
Loc: Tampa, Fl
Re: Fictional dolphins [Re: Kasatka]
      #126883 - 01/18/05 07:25 AM

Oh! wasn't it DRC? Miss Asshat went to DRC and was inspired to write that silly book? Sorry, can't stand her and her "OMG fans want to write fanfiction? they must hate me! they are violating my books!" attitude

--------------------
Gilly
!*<><* SHINEY FISHEH!

KasatkaAdministrator
Resident

Reged: 10/12/00
Loc: Colorado
Re: Fictional dolphins [Re: SumarSummers]
      #126884 - 01/18/05 08:26 AM

Yup. =D Actually quite a lot of them are named after DRC dolphins. (I made a list if anybody wants to see. =P)

I'm disgruntled with her now too. You can't even mention Pern around your artwork or she'll sic her lawyers on you. That particular bit always made me confused in regards to this thing: http://pern.srellim.org/fl_pin.htm, especially the bit that says "It is a pin based upon Todd Hamilton's own painting and therefore does not infringe upon Anne's copyright" and yet she'll threaten any other artist. Or even a person who makes a game, even though she doesn't own the rights to that anymore.

I know of one author that says she doesn't want her fans to write fanfic because it threatens her copyright (she explains it on her website) but for the most part, people seem happy to have fanfic, because it just gives them free publicity. Well, except for the turds that try to sue the authors later... that sorta sucks.

--------------------
~ Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Admin, Kasatka 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5056

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Home