SVDolphin
(Offshore)
05/02/02 05:42 AM
Dolphin muscle anatomy

Does anyone around here know of a source for muscle group data, preferably one thats not imposible to get or understand, for bottlenose dolphins?

I'm doing a bit of a search for a friend that is making an art tutorial, so sources that include plate diagrams are prefered.

KasatkaAdministrator
(Resident)
05/02/02 05:47 AM
Re: Dolphin muscle anatomy

There are these kids books called Zoobooks, and they have a picture of the animal they're talking about, it's muscle structure (side view), and then the skeletal structure. I'm not sure where you can pick up a copy - I see them at my aquarium every so often. I know they have a dolphin one. It'll probably show a bottlenose inside.

lagophile
(Transient)
05/02/02 08:27 AM

The Sam Ridgway book Mammals Of the Sea has a good color plate showing the anatomy. I can scan it for you if you want.

Andy

SVDolphin
(Offshore)
05/02/02 09:19 AM

That would be excelent. Much thanks to both of you.

Malik
(Resident)
05/02/02 11:41 AM

yeah i have that zoobook...hehe
I have like 20 different zoo books from like 2 yrs ago...

KasatkaAdministrator
(Resident)
05/02/02 07:18 PM

My Zoobooks are about um... 13 years old. =P

I can't find the whale one anywhere though, which bothers me. It had some cool orca photos in it. =\

Malik
(Resident)
05/03/02 12:51 PM

yeah...i should go find it and scan some sometime...

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/03/02 04:10 PM

Zoobooks are cool! They have a whole bunch of them at Learning is Fun, if you want to pick one up there. =)

Malik
(Resident)
05/03/02 05:16 PM

yeah i think i have like 50 though, im all set! lol

Contact Us Home